The apprenticeship position is a unique opportunity for a college or post graduate student interested in learning the basics of floral design and understanding what it takes to run a small business. This is a three month position with the potential to extend.
Apprentices will have the opportunity to see Atelier Ashley Flowers day-to-day operations and assist with all aspects of the business including: floral design; social media and marketing; business development; client relations; event production; and more.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be interested in design and want to work with flowers;
- Be a self-starter with a solution-oriented attitude;
- Be a quick learner with a willingness to develop and implement new ideas;
- Have a strong social media background; and
- Have transportation to Atelier Ashley Flowers in Old Town Alexandria.
Candidates with prior floral or garden experience will be prioritized as well as those with experience in photography or web design.
Candidates for this position should have the ability to commit approximately eight hours per week with the goal of securing school credit where applicable.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing why you are interested in the apprenticeship and how it relates to your career goals. Please include “Apprentice” in the subject line of your email and links to all of your social media accounts. Cover letters and resumes should be sent to email@example.com.